Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Amanita muscaria - just looks cool to me.

Wish I was a little person
Looking up 
It would look as big as a tree.
.



Amanita muscaria

Amanita muscaria


This, as far as I can figure, is the Fly agaric ( Amanita muscaria) mushroom.
There was a number of them on the old road I came out of the bush on to. In the sun the colour was super!

There are some interesting links about he mushroom, sounds like it could be very powerful?




This moose the dog wanted to chase. It was far enough away that he had no hope of catching up to it.
It was different when the moose is so close you can hear it breathe. The whole shortened story.

Walking out of the bush the other day, I have my head down, watching my footwork in the tangle of vegetation on the forest floor. A low grunt startles me. I look up into the eyes of a moose I have stumbled a little too close to. Talking to the moose I back up until I am behind a very big cedar. "Dog where the hell are you?"

Roll'n arrives from the side and does not see the moose right away. Roll'n is now standing beside me and sees the moose. A little too close for him too, he will not chase it 'cause it is not running away yet.

The moose sees both of us and decides to back off rather then continue his grunting advance. Once behind the tree I remember I have a camera, but it was too late the moose had turned and was leaving.

That is the closed I have ever stood eye to eye with a moose, usually the dog clears my path.




No comments:

Post a Comment