Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Red Toad, American Toad

Toads can be RED - read about them now.

I first heard about red toads at Kettle Lakes Provincial Park, when a young lad asked the biologist "what toad is red?".

A couple of days later I again heard from a person who asked me what toad is red. I did not know, I have never seen one.

Well today in the bush a co-worker says "look how red that toad is, I have never seen one like that!"

It is red, brick red the documentation describes.

It is just a colour phase of a young American Toad.

Frog Watch wants to know what frogs and toads you see. Check out frog watch if you are interested.

Always any unusual species you see near Timmins we want to know about it. You can see what interesting observations have been seen at Observations Naturally.



No comments:

Post a Comment