Thursday, April 11, 2013

Powwow WOW in Timmins



I want to learn to drum
I want to pound on my drum all day!

I enjoyed the few hours I spent at the powwow. Got to chat with some friends and meet some new ones.

I was impressed by the dancing circle, how the young ones and the elder ones where able to continue for so long.  The younger one may have been more energetic, but the foot steps of the elders where more thoughtful and precise.

The gal who did the hoop dance was great, too bad my camera in not. Her artfulness with the dance was interesting to watch, what a workout!



My mom took drumming lesson in B.C. She tells me it is a calming experience, I could use calming.

If you can hook me up with a teacher let me know.

Wawatay News read more
Timmins Press story read more
Nation Talk read more







No comments:

Post a Comment