Sunday, March 13, 2011

Osprey Nest North West of Timmins


Big sticks and tree top is typical of an 
Osprey Nest

I went to visit this nest this week. It is not being used just yet, but spring is not too far away, I hope. I will have to watch this nest over the next month to see if a bird appears.
This is an Osprey nest, looks different then the nest I saw a couple of weeks ago - the black bear nest. 
read more about the black bear nest



The tree this bird has chosen is an old jackpine tree. When I walked to the base of the tree I could tell the tree was very dead, and was surprised the tree is standing so strong. I wonder how much longer the tree will stand. The plantation this tree is standing in looks to be 10 to 12 years old.




LINKS

Live nest cam waiting for the return of a pair of Osprey





When I see the bird return I will let you know, maybe I will get to use my video camera???


.

No comments:

Post a Comment