Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Found in Ontario - Arrowheads

Ontario Arrowheads

I have had these arrowheads for awhile. I finally got around to finding out the story on them.

There is a guy you can email pictures of what you have and he will let you know what you have.

This was his answer to me.

If lettered left to right, a to f, these are:
b - Adena type, Early Woodland period circa 1000 - 300 B.C.
c - Snyders type, Middle Woodland period circa 300 B.C. - 500 A.D.
a, d, e, f - all variants of Late Archaic period types circa 3000 - 1000 B.C.

So it seems that 4 of these arrowheads are 3000 to 5000 years old. That is so neat to know.

My mommy tells me that the arrowheads were found by her father. Somewhere in southern Ontario. Grandfather lived in AYR so it would seem the arrowheads where found around there.

Ask an Archaeologist at the University of Western Ontario



1 comment:

  1. I found one that looks like c on PEI and wanted to ask the gentleman who you said might be able to tell me if I sent him a photo - would you mind giving me his email - my email
    info@beachhousespei.com

    ReplyDelete